- Associated Press - Thursday, July 20, 2017

LITCHFIELD, N.H. (AP) - New Hampshire authorities say a gasoline-powered generator in the basement of a home led to the carbon monoxide poisoning death of a Litchfield man.

Jamie Badeau died and a woman was sickened July 12. The state fire marshal’s office said Thursday that Badeau had been using a portable generator in his basement after his electricity had been shut off.

Authorities are reminding residents that gasoline-powered equipment should not be used inside any structure, and when used outside, should be at least 10 feet away from any buildings, with the exhaust pointed away from doors, windows or openings.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide