- Associated Press - Monday, July 31, 2017

SOUTH WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) - Firefighters are praising a Connecticut family who went into a neighbor’s smoky home and dragged the unconscious man to safety.

South Windsor Fire Chief Kevin Cooney tells the Hartford Courant (https://cour.at/2vf7bM9 ) that a man, his wife and adult daughter saw smoke coming from the neighbor’s house at about 8:15 p.m. Sunday.

They called 911 and went to the home.

They looked in a window and saw an unconscious man in a chair. They kicked in the locked door, turned off the stove and took a flaming pan outside. Firefighters arrived minutes later.

Cooney says the victim had a medical emergency.

He says the neighbors’ actions “without a doubt reduced the amount of fire damage and most likely saved the occupant from a more serious, if not life-threatening situation.”

No names were released.

___

Information from: Hartford Courant, https://www.courant.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide