- Associated Press - Thursday, July 6, 2017

SCARBOROUGH, Maine (AP) - Fire officials in Maine say improperly discarded fireworks caused a house fire.

The Portland Press Herald reports (https://bit.ly/2trJzkz ) the house fire started early Wednesday morning after a neighborhood firework show in Scarborough. Fire Chief Michael Thurlow say a bin containing firework remnants stored in a plastic bag caught fire next to a home.

Fire crews responded to the fire around 2:30 a.m. and were able to contain the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

Thurlow says many manufacturers recommend consumers soak fireworks in water before disposing of them.

___

Information from: Portland Press Herald, https://www.pressherald.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide