- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 28, 2017

WAGNER, S.D. (AP) - Fire officials say a blaze that burned a home in Wagner is a strong reminder about using fireworks safely.

A fire started by someone using fireworks destroyed most of the home Monday afternoon. Wagner Fire Chief Dale Petrik says the fireworks and explosion ignited a cedar tree with the fire spreading to the house.

Petrik tells The Daily Republic (https://bit.ly/2toA0pn ) Tuesday is the start of the legal fireworks season. And with dry conditions, fire officials are concerned about ignition sources.

___

Information from: The Daily Republic, https://www.mitchellrepublic.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide