- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 28, 2017

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - A man struck and killed by a train in Southern California nearly six years ago has finally been identified.

The Riverside County coroner’s office says the FBI reported last week that new fingerprint technology led to the identification of the victim as 57-year-old Lawrence Michael Wilhelm.

The coroner’s office says an extensive search turned up his family, who said Wilhelm had told them he was leaving the country and they had not heard from him since.

Wilhelm had no identification when he was killed on July 7, 2011, in Riverside.

A train engineer saw a man walking down the middle of the tracks, sounded a horn and applied brakes. The man turned to look at the train and was seen trying to jump off the tracks but was struck.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide