- Associated Press - Sunday, June 4, 2017

WAYNE, Maine (AP) - A lawnmower that exploded as it was being charged is to blame for a fire that destroyed a home in the Maine town of Wayne.

Officials say the fire on Friday started in the garage where the homeowners were charging their lawnmower.

The fire spread from the garage to the home.

The fire chief tells WCSH-TV that when firefighters responded to a call shortly after 6 p.m. the home was fully engulfed.

No one was injured.

The fire chief is recommending that people charge any equipment outside, away from the home.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide