- Associated Press - Sunday, June 4, 2017

BROOKSTON, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning apparently killed a Cloquet couple who were found dead in northeastern Minnesota.

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office says emergency responders were called to the camper Saturday morning and discovered 65-year-old Pamela Smith and 67-year-old Richard Smith unconscious in their camper. The camper was in the Brookston area.

Attempts to revive the couple failed. Both were declared dead at the scene.

Authorities say the gas apparently came from a generator that was improperly placed in an unvented storage cabinet below the camper’s living space.

A carbon monoxide detector was sounding when responders arrived.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide