- The Washington Times - Monday, June 5, 2017

Counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway said Monday that terror attacks like those in London “cannot be the new normal.”

Ms. Conway said on Fox News, “The president has made very clear from the beginning of his candidacy, and now his presidency, that his first duty is the safety and security of the American people. An attack on London is an attack on American values and we stand with our allies there.”

“This cannot be the new normal.”

She also called out former National Security Adviser Susan Rice for comments she made over the weekend criticizing the Trump administration’s “Muslim ban.”

“Susan Rice reminds everybody that no one on TV is not under oath,” said Ms. Conway.

“She knows it’s not a ban against a certain religion. She knows very clearly that these were six countries that were identified by her Obama administration departments and that these six countries do not have screening and vetting procedures in place that give us confidence that what’s happening around the globe wouldn’t happen here.”

Ms. Conway also said that she intends to push the administration’s agenda in the press, “shaming” them for not covering what is happening in the White House.

“This White House will continue to be on offense or defense, and that offense includes shaming people or guilting them, or telling them to be responsible, by telling them to cover things like the infrastructure investment,” she said.

“What about the announcement last week that VA Secretary David Shulkin announced a new hotline for people here at the White House? These veterans can call in, [and] it got very little coverage.”

This week kicks of “infrastructure week” at the White House, where jobs and manufacturing will be the focus with a stop planned in the Cincinnati area.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide