- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 7, 2017

WAGNER, S.D. (AP) - A heat lamp is believed to be the cause of a rural Wagner building fire that killed about 200 baby pheasants and other birds.

The Daily Republic reports (https://bit.ly/2rAWkdi ) that the Monday fire was in a building owned by a man who raises upland game birds such as partridge, quail and pheasants.

In addition to the baby birds that were killed, about 500 eggs were lost, along with three incubators and crates.

No people were injured in the smoldering fire that caused heavy smoke damage to the building.

___

Information from: The Daily Republic, https://www.mitchellrepublic.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide