By Associated Press - Monday, March 13, 2017

CHICAGO (AP) - Authorities are investigating an apparent shooting that took place near a big-box store in suburban Chicago.

The Chicago Tribune (https://trib.in/2nmKiQz) cites Bedford Park Fire Department Chief Sean Maloy as saying two men were transported Monday to a hospital. Maloy says one was shot but that his injuries were not believed to be critical. He says the other man had been hit by a car in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

A Walmart spokesman confirmed to the Tribune that an incident happened in the parking. Bedford Park police didn’t immediately return a call seeking further details.



Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Story Topics

Please read our comment policy before commenting.