- Associated Press - Sunday, March 19, 2017

GREENVILLE, Del. (AP) - Officials say a fire at a jewelry store in Delaware that did $100,000 in damage was accidental.

The office of the state fire marshal says the fire was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the Jewelry Exchange of Delaware in Greenville. The state fire marshal’s office says the fire was a result of an electrical malfunction involving a refrigerator. The state fire marshal’s office says the fire was contained by an automatic sprinkler system until firefighters arrived.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide