By Associated Press - Wednesday, March 8, 2017

MINOT, N.D. (AP) - A Minot man is charged with reckless endangerment in a shooting that narrowly missed a 5-year-old boy.

Minot police say 56-year-old Russell Brandt was handling a handgun in his trailer home last Friday when it discharged and a bullet entered a neighbor’s home.

The Minot Daily News (https://bit.ly/2mlzR0V ) reports a couple and their 5-year-old grandson were in the neighboring trailer. The bullet was found lodged in the arm rest of a chair the boy was sitting in when the shot came through the living room wall.



Brandt told a judge in court Monday that he is thankful no one was hurt. A probable cause document says Brandt told police he had been drinking when he pointed the gun in the direction of the neighboring trailer and accidentally pulled the trigger.

___

Information from: Minot Daily News, https://www.minotdailynews.com

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Story Topics

Please read our comment policy before commenting.