- The Washington Times - Monday, May 1, 2017

Conservative pundit Tomi Lahren has reportedly settled her wrongful termination lawsuit against Glenn Beck and his media firm The Blaze.

The settlement lets Ms. Lahren out of her employment contract, which was set to expire in September, and returns her wildly popular Facebook page back to her control, the Dallas Morning News reported Monday.

The 24-year-old also agreed to relinquish any “intellectual property” by The Blaze that was posted on her Facebook page, according to her lawyer, Brian Lauten.

Ms. Lahren is relieved to have this litigation behind her,” Mr. Lauten said in a statement. “She looks forward to connecting with her audience and fan base on the pressing political issues facing our country in the days to come.”

The Blaze confirmed the news in a statement to the New York Daily News.



“The Blaze is pleased to announce that the relationship with Tomi Lahren has concluded,” the statement said. “Ms. Lahren will continue to have access to her social media accounts as has always been the case.”

The remaining details of the settlement were not disclosed.

Ms. Lahren filed a lawsuit against Mr. Beck and The Blaze last month for wrongful termination after she was suspended indefinitely and allegedly locked out of her Facebook page following pro-choice comments she made on ABC’s “The View.”

Mr. Beck responded with a countersuit, saying Ms. Lahren still remained employed and on the payroll at The Blaze and that she breached her employment agreement by speaking to the press.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide