- Associated Press - Friday, May 26, 2017

LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) - Investigators say a fatal fire at a business in northern Colorado was caused by a space heater in a small, makeshift living area that was set up next to the building.

Longmont Fire Marshal Michele Goldman ruled the April 3 blaze at AAA Electric that killed 56-year-old Richard Benz an accident, and a city official has said the business would not be fined.

The Times-Call reports https://goo.gl/jHlz2j Benz, who worked at the business, had been living in a 10-foot-by-10-foot area constructed of various pieces of wood and wood pallets. Electrical extension cords extended from the main building to space heaters inside the shed.


Information from: Daily Times-Call, https://timescall.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide