- Associated Press - Sunday, November 12, 2017

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - Fire officials are crediting a sprinkler system at a Fargo shopping mall with preventing a fire from spreading and causing major damage.

The Fargo Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the Macy’s department store in West Acres about 2:45 a.m. Sunday. When firefighters arrived they discovered a sprinkler head had activated and extinguished the fire that had started in the management offices.

Authorities determined the fire was caused by an overheated electrical device. The fire spread to nearby office furniture before it was extinguished by the sprinkler system.

KFGO radio reports a damage estimate was not available.


Information from: KFGO-AM, http://www.kfgo.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide