- Associated Press - Thursday, October 12, 2017

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - Authorities have identified the Montana woman who was killed in a house fire on Tuesday.

The Gazette reports that the Billings Fire Department identified the victim as 55-year-old Teresa Fischer. She died from carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.

Fire officials say the fire was accidental, caused by a gas-fueled hot water heater.

Police Sgt. Riley Finnegan says no foul play is suspected.

Family members contacted police for a welfare check after Fischer didn’t show up to a lunch date with friends.

Fischer and three cats were then found dead inside the house.

___

Information from: The Billings Gazette, https://www.billingsgazette.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide