- Associated Press - Saturday, October 14, 2017

CINCINNATI (AP) - An Ohio school district says a wrongful death lawsuit accusing school officials of minimizing, denying and covering up bullying against an 8-year-old boy who killed himself should be dismissed.

Cincinnati Public Schools made the argument earlier this month in a response to a lawsuit filed by Gabriel Taye’s parents. The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the district says school leaders didn’t cause the boy’s Jan. 26 death.

Attorneys have said his mother didn’t know Gabriel was bullied until they saw a police email describing the scene outside a boys’ bathroom where attorneys say the boy was knocked unconscious. He hanged himself at home two days later.

Prosecutors investigated the death and closed the case without filing charges.

The district has said Gabriel told staff he fainted and never said he was bullied or assaulted.

___

Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, https://www.enquirer.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide