- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 17, 2017

MONTREAL (AP) - Former top-50 tennis player Rebecca Marino will come out of retirement after more than 4½ years and enter a pair of tournaments.

Tennis Canada announced Tuesday that the 26-year-old Marino will appear in events at Saguenay and Toronto.

Marino left professional tennis in February 2013, and said she had been dealing with depression.

She was ranked as high as No. 38 in 2011, when she was the runner-up at a tournament in Memphis and reached the third round of the French Open, her best Grand Slam showing.

Marino says she started training in September and doesn’t have “any ranking goals or result goals right now.”

___

More AP tennis coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-Tennis

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide