- Associated Press - Monday, October 2, 2017

MONROE, N.C. (AP) - Authorities are investigating a fatal fire in a workshop contained in a shed.

News outlets report 75-year-old Chester Lynn Eubanks was killed Sunday morning while attempting to light a wood stove using a flammable liquid in the shed. The Union County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement on Facebook that some of the liquid spilled on Eubanks, who was unable to extinguish the fire before suffering fatal injuries.

Deputies have ruled his death an accident.

The sheriff’s office says that he used a motorized scooter for a disability. Deputies say the fire caused minimal damage to the building.

Eubanks‘ wife suffered burns to her hands while trying to help her husband.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide