- Associated Press - Thursday, October 5, 2017

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - New Hampshire’s state donation drive for Puerto Rico has wrapped up with officials saying the number of donations far exceeded expectations.

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu says he’s heartened by the support, saying he’s thankful so many residents stepped up to the task. WMUR-TV reports (https://bit.ly/2krWbY7 ) the final numbers are not in yet, but it is estimated that volunteers and donors have filled about 500 pallets with goods for Puerto Rico by Wednesday.

Authorities previously said the goal was to ship 10 tractor-trailer loads of goods to Puerto Rico where, nearly two weeks after the storms, many people are still without electricity.

Sununu says state officials are working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency to ensure the donations are delivered to Puerto Rico in a timely fashion.

___

Information from: WMUR-TV, https://wmur.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide