- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 13, 2017

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) - The Manhattan fire department says it responded to a small hazardous waste leak at Kansas State University.

The department was sent to the university’s Chemistry/Biochemistry building Wednesday morning, where a small ammonia cylinder had leaked on the third floor. The department says in a news release that university personnel had shut off the cylinder by the time crews arrived.

Two people were checked for possible exposure and released. Fire crews ventilated the building and turned the scene back to the university within an hour.

The Chemistry/Biochemistry Building houses offices, classrooms and research labs for those departments.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide