- Associated Press - Thursday, September 14, 2017

SAN DIEGO (AP) - The chancellor of the University of California, Irvine, says the school has readmitted most of the 500 students whose admission offers were rescinded last month.

Chancellor Howard Gillman apologized Wednesday for the “unacceptable distress” caused to students after the campus abruptly pulled the offers for the current fall semester.

The Los Angeles Times reports (https://lat.ms/2x1RFC7 ) Gillman said he could not fully explain what went wrong or craft a corrective plan until an internal audit is completed. He said the campus has readmitted all but about 50 students.


TOP STORIES
EXCLUSIVE: High-level, N.K. defector implores Trump to foment coup; tells president he's been duped
Student says teacher yanked 'Women for Trump' pin off chest, files police report: 'It's not OK'
AOC says 'white supremacist sympathizer' Tucker Carlson is keeping her from going on Fox News


Gillman made the comments during a meeting of University of California regents in San Diego.

UC Irvine, one of ten schools in the state university system, has about 25,000 students at the campus in Orange County south of Los Angeles.



___

Information from: Los Angeles Times, https://www.latimes.com/

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide