- Associated Press - Saturday, September 16, 2017

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say a 93-year-old man pulled from a Lincoln house fire earlier this week remains in critical condition at a hospital Friday.

The Lincoln Journal Star reports that Pierre Pettinger remains in a coma.

Police say he was found in a first-floor room after 6:30 a.m. Thursday, after firefighters had been called to the house for a fire. Pettinger was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.


TOP STORIES
Progressive groups unhappy with articles of impeachment
Bill Clinton leak exposes Democrats' double standard on impeachment
Majority of voters now oppose impeachment: Quinnipiac poll


Another person also was in the home at the time of the fire and suffered less serious injuries.

Fire Investigator Damon Robbins says a power strip overheated and items on top of it caught fire. He says smoke and heat damage will likely render the two-story house a total loss.



Robbins says the home’s only smoke detector wasn’t working.

___

Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, https://www.journalstar.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide