- Associated Press - Sunday, April 15, 2018

NEW CASTLE, Pa. (AP) - Authorities say a fire blamed on an electrical malfunction claimed the life of an elderly man in western Pennsylvania.

Fire crews in Lawrence County were called to the split-level home in Hickory Township just outside New Castle at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday after neighbors and passing motorists noticed flames coming from the living room area.

Officials said 83-year-old Robert Taylor was pronounced dead at the scene in an upstairs hallway near a bedroom. The county coroner said he died of smoke inhalation.

The fire marshal ruled the fire accidental due to an electrical issue in the living room area.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide