- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 4, 2018

PARIS (AP) - The French defense minister says she has taken strong measures to respond to reports of sexual harassment at a top military academy.

Defense Minister Florence Parly told lawmakers on Wednesday that the sanctions include expelling some students and replacing some staff members at the Saint-Cyr school in Brittany.

Parly said: “It’s only a minority (of people), but a minority that tarnishes our institution.”


TOP STORIES
Nancy Pelosi's hostage video
White House, Trump family slam impeachment witness for 'classless' Barron Trump reference
Franklin Graham calls on nation to pray for Trump as impeachment effort gains speed


France’s Liberation newspaper reported last month that a group of male students made repeated sexist comments and engaged in other harassing behavior with the aim of pushing female students out of the school.

The academy first accepted women cadets in 1983



Originally founded by Napoleon Bonaparte, Saint-Cyr trains France’s future army officers as well as foreign students, especially from the United States and the United Kingdom.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide