- Associated Press - Thursday, April 5, 2018

PROVO, Utah (AP) - A Utah man has died after his shirt caught on fire during a family barbecue on Easter.

The Daily Herald reports 73-year-old Larry Webster died Wednesday after he was severely burned outside his home in Spanish Fork on Sunday.

Family members say his polyester shirt caught on fire as he lit the grill. The family rushed to his side and helped put out the flames.


TOP STORIES
Russia probe prosecutor says he disagrees with DOJ IG conclusion that Russia probe was justified
Cameron Walters, fresh from boot camp, one of 3 killed at Naval Air Station Pensacola
FBI warrant application to spy on Trump aide was fraught with errors: IG report


His granddaughter Mandee Webster says he was on fire for less than two minutes.

Larry Webster was flown to the burn center at the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City.



The family says he had burns on 48 percent of his body with second-degree burns on his face.

Webster was a former teacher at Payson Junior High School and a retired National Guardsman.

___

Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide