- Associated Press - Monday, December 10, 2018

CONROE, Texas (AP) - Firefighters in Texas have rescued more than 100 snakes from a home that caught fire over the weekend.

Authorities say a Christmas tree may have sparked the blaze Saturday near Conroe, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) north of Houston. The snakes included pythons and boa constrictors.

Authorities say that when firefighters arrived, they discovered a second-floor bedroom full of snakes and lizards.

Firefighters from Caney Creek and other responders carefully brought the snakes outside to safety, though authorities say “a couple” lizards died in the fire.

Houston TV station KTRK reports that the homeowners weren’t at the house at the time of the fire.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide