- Associated Press - Monday, December 17, 2018

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say one person was injured in a duplex fire that displaced several people in Lincoln.

Firefighters were dispatched around 4 a.m. Sunday. Fire officials say the flames were contained to the kitchen area of one side, but the heat and smoke damage made both units unlivable, displacing a half-dozen residents or more.

Investigators say combustible items left on a stove ignited when a burner accidentally was turned on.

The person was injured and taken to a hospital after going back inside a unit to look for a dog. Fire officials say the dog died. The person’s name hasn’t been released.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide