- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 13, 2018

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - The state’s case against a Bridgeport man charged in a stabbing at a Stamford restaurant appears to be coming apart because the victim says the suspect didn’t do it.

The Stamford Advocate reports that 22-year-old Taquan McCrae was released by a judge last week at the request of the prosecution.

McCrae had been detained on $100,000 bond since May following his arrest after another man was stabbed twice during a fight at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ. He was facing a first-degree assault charge and faced 20 years in prison if convicted.

Prosecutors say he was found with a knife that had the victim’s blood on it.

But the victim says McCrae is a friend with whom he went to the bar, and that McCrea helped him after the stabbing.



___

Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide