- Associated Press - Sunday, February 18, 2018

CHICAGO (AP) - Authorities say a man was seriously injured in a fire that broke out on the 52nd floor of Chicago’s former John Hancock Center.

The Chicago Fire Department says the fire was reported in a condominium about 5 a.m. Sunday and was contained to that unit. Emergency crews rescued the man from the condo and took him to a hospital in serious condition.

No other injuries were reported and the fire’s cause wasn’t immediately determined.

The 100-story building is the fourth-tallest in Chicago at 1,128 feet and has condos from its 44th the 92nd floors. The building’s owner removed the John Hancock name from it last week as the insurer decided to have its name removed from the tower it hasn’t occupied for many years.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide