- Associated Press - Friday, February 23, 2018

ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) - A bedridden woman and her dog have died in a house fire in northern South Carolina.

Anderson County Deputy Coroner Don McCown said it appears 65-year-old Myra Johnson was smoking in bed and the carpet in the room caught fire Thursday.

McCown says Johnson died of smoke inhalation. He says Johnson’s husband was at work at the time of the fire.

A home health nurse had been at the house around noon and Johnson had talked with her husband around 1 p.m. McCown says it appears the fire started around 2 p.m.

The family dog died from smoke inhalation after it was taken to at a veterinarian’s office.

It’s the second fire death in Anderson County this week. Forty-five-year-old Kimberly Michelle Grant died in a fire at her home Tuesday.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide