- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 2, 2018

ST. LOUIS (AP) - A space heater is blamed in a fire that damaged a downtown St. Louis motel.

KMOV-TV reports that a woman and her three children were evaluated but determined to be OK after the fire broke out Tuesday morning at the America’s Best Value Inn near Lumiere Place Casino. The fire forced those staying at the motel to evacuate on a morning with below-zero wind chill.

The St. Louis Fire Department says a space heater caught fire in the room next to where the woman and children were staying. The room where the fire began was unoccupied.


Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide