- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 2, 2018

BOSTON (AP) - A broken natural gas main that burned for nearly three days in a Boston neighborhood has been extinguished.

National Grid said Tuesday the fire that started Sunday night in 10-inch main has been put out after crews put a temporary line in place to reroute the gas. The company says it’s now working to make permanent repairs.

Officials decided not to shut off the gas because it would have left some 8,000 residents in Roslindale without heat during the bitter cold snap.

Four National Grid workers suffered minor burns while responding to the initial leak.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide