- Associated Press - Thursday, January 25, 2018

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Officials say a recently retired firefighter walked past a house fire in Louisiana and rescued a child from inside.

Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Mark Miles said in a news release that the fire that occurred Monday was the result of a faulty refrigerator.

News outlets report residents of the house told responders they were about to leave when they heard a loud noise. Miles says one of the children went to see what the noise was and discovered the fire.

The girl tried to run but fell inside the house. The retired Baton Rouge firefighter spotted the fire, ran inside and rescued the girl.

According to the department, three people live in the house, and no one was injured. Officials say the house received heavy fire and smoke damage.



Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide