- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 3, 2018

MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) - A carbon monoxide leak inside a tattoo shop prompted the temporary closure of a portion of Mitchell’s Main Street.

The Daily Republic reports that emergency responders and officials with NorthWestern Energy responded to Hardcore Inc. shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Nedved says an unvented water heater in the building’s basement caused carbon monoxide to get sucked into a furnace.

Carbon monoxide is a potentially deadly gas. No one was inside the building at the time and no injuries were reported.

___

Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide