- Associated Press - Monday, January 8, 2018

AUGUSTA, N.Y. (AP) - Six family members are recovering after firefighters rescued them from their central New York home where they were sickened and immobilized by high levels of carbon monoxide.

The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office says a resident at the Augusta home called 911 around 4:30 a.m. Sunday to report several family members vomiting with severe headaches. The caller and other family members were too sick to get out of the house.

Police say firefighters were able to enter the home and bring all six people outside. The victims range in age from six months to 58 years old. They were taken to hospitals and all are expected to recover.

Officials say a malfunctioning coal heating stove was the source of the deadly carbon monoxide.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide