- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 20, 2018

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) - A candle left unattended is blamed for a fire that destroyed the main building of a motel in Lawrence, Kansas.

The Lawrence Journal-World reports that the fire broke out Monday at the Jayhawk Motel. The building that was destroyed also included the motel office and a three-bedroom apartment where the owners lived.

The candle was in a dining area of the owners’ living quarters.

No one was hurt.

Authorities say the motel’s three guest buildings were not damaged.

___

Information from: Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World, http://www.ljworld.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide