GREELEY, Colo. (AP) - Federal regulators are proposing nearly $65,000 in penalties for a Colorado company where a worker died after inhaling toxic fumes while cleaning the inside of a rail car.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said Thursday that EnviroTech Services of Greeley didn’t provide respiratory protection, didn’t properly ventilate the car and didn’t have an emergency rescue plan.
Jose Miguel Cisneros died in December. A co-worker who tried to rescue him also was overcome by the fumes while they worked at EnviroTech’s plant in Evans.
EnviroTech provides deicing, anti-icing, dust control, soil stabilization and erosion control, according to its website. The Greeley Tribune reports the company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
OSHA Denver Area Office Director Herb Gibson has held an informal conference with EnviroTech Services to discuss the citations and work toward an informal settlement.
Information from: The Tribune of Greeley, Co, http://greeleytribune.com
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.