- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 27, 2018

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - Colorado Springs fire officials say three people were taken to a hospital after a blaze that destroyed or damaged more than 20 townhomes.

The Gazette reports that the Monday fire at Sunstone Townhomes in southeast Colorado Springs was caused by careless smoking which caused the failure of a natural gas line at the meter, fueling the fire.

Fire Capt. Brian Vaughan says three people were taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries including smoke inhalation.

He says most of the townhomes were built in 1984 and estimates they were valued at about $100,000.

___

Information from: The Gazette, http://www.gazette.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide