- Associated Press - Monday, March 5, 2018

BALTIMORE (AP) - Fire officials in Maryland say the Light House homeless shelter has been evacuated after a chemical was poured down a drain.

The Baltimore Sun reports that an Annapolis fire statement says Annapolis and Anne Arundel County fire departments were dispatched to The Light House homeless prevention support center for a report of a chemical smell coming through the vents.

Officials say the source of the odor is coming from a utility room and is believed to be something poured down the drain.

Officials say the building will remain uninhabitable until an environmental company can clean the system. No injuries were reported to occupants or fire personnel.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide