- Associated Press - Monday, May 14, 2018

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - A private investigator who says George Zimmerman stalked him with texts and phone calls won’t be getting a restraining order.

A judge in Florida on Monday denied the investigator’s request for the injunction against Zimmerman.

Zimmerman didn’t show up for the court hearing in Sanford, Florida. He was charged with misdemeanor stalking earlier this year.

A sheriff’s report says the private investigator, Dennis Warren, contacted Zimmerman in September on behalf of Michael Gasparro, who is making a documentary on Trayvon Martin. The series is being produced by rapper Jay-Z.

The report says the private investigator received a barrage of calls and texts from Zimmerman in December.



Zimmerman fatally shot the teenage Martin in 2012 in the central Florida city of Sanford. He was acquitted of all charges.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide