- Associated Press - Monday, November 19, 2018

GRAND ISLE, Vt. (AP) - Vermont fire investigators have determined that a weekend fire that destroyed a garage in Grand Isle started near a wood stove and the blaze is considered accidental, and not suspicious.

Investigators say firefighters were called Saturday afternoon after receiving a report of a fire in a detached garage on Adams School Road in Grand Isle.

When crews arrived the building was fully engulfed in flames. The garage was destroyed. Several nearby buildings and vehicles suffered heat damage.

No injuries were reported.

Investigators are reminding people to ensure there are adequate clearances between stoves and stove pipes and nearby combustible materials.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide