TECUMSEH, Neb. (AP) - Nebraska prison officials say a chemical spill ignited a small fire in a closet at the state prison in Tecumseh.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that no one was injured in the fire that started Tuesday inside the Tecumseh State Correctional Institution’s wood shop.
A news release from the State Department of Correctional Services say the chemical - which was not identified - spilled on the floor, and rags meant to clean up the spill spontaneously combusted. Department spokeswoman Laura Strimple says the wood shop was evacuated, and ceiling sprinklers extinguished the fire.
The Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.