- The Washington Times - Thursday, April 4, 2019

The FBI said Thursday that a “teen” claiming to be Timmothy Pitzen is not the long-missing boy.

DNA tests proved the man to 23-year-old Brian Rini of Medina, Ohio, Newport Police Chief Tom Collins told ABC News on Thursday.

Timmothy would 14 today if he were alive.



He has been missing since 2011, when his blood was found in the back seat of his mother’s SUV after she was found dead, an apparent suicide.

Mother Amy Fry-Pitzen left a note in the Rockford, Illinois, motel room in which she died, saying 6-year-old Timmothy was safe in someone’s care. But she did not name the person.

“To be clear, law enforcement has not and will not forget Timmothy, and we hope to one day reunite him with his family,” an FBI spokesman said in a written statement, according to WCPO, the ABC affiliate in Cincinnati. “Unfortunately, that day will not be today.”

Citing state prison records, multiple Cincinnati TV stations reported that Mr. Rini recently served time in prison for burglary and vandalism and was released from Belmont Correctional Institute only last month. He had been in jails several times over the years.

He has not been charged with a crime regarding his claiming to be Timmothy, the chief said.

Mr. Rini was found Wednesday in Newport, Kentucky, telling police he was Timmothy and had just escaped from two kidnappers earlier in the day.

According to WXIX, the Fox affiliate in Cincinnati, Mr. Rini “described the two kidnappers as two white males with body-builder type builds. One had black curly hair, a Mt. Dew shirt and jeans, and has a spider web tattoo on his neck. The other was short in stature and had a snake tattoo on his arms.”

Kara Jacobs, Timmothy’s aunt, asked that people pray for Mr. Rini and said the family is confident that they will be reunited with the missing boy regardless of this dashed hope.

“We know that you are out there somewhere, Tim, and we will never stop looking for you, praying for you and loving you,” she said.

Grandmother Alana Anderson said at the same Thursday press conference that “I feel so sorry for the young man. He obviously had a horrible time and felt the need to say he was someone else and hope that they can find his family.”

The two women described this latest lead as the most promising they had received in the past eight years.

“It’s devastating; It’s like reliving that day all over again, and Timmothy’s father is devastated once again,” Ms. Jacobs said.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide