- Associated Press - Thursday, January 24, 2019

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - Wichita’s fire marshal says a 58-year-old man who died in a house fire was smoking while using oxygen.

Battalion Chief Jim Wilson says crews were called to a home in south Wichita early Thursday after a passerby reported seeing smoke coming from the home.

The victim was found dead in a bedroom, where the fire was burning.

KAKE-TV reports Fire Marshal Stuart Bevis said the fire is believed to have been sparked by the victim smoking while using oxygen.

It caused $55,000 in damage to the home and its contents.



___

Information from: KAKE-TV.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide