- The Washington Times - Monday, March 18, 2019

A federal judge has ordered prosecutors to release search warrant material from last year’s FBI raid on President Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III said redacted versions of the documents will be posted online Tuesday.

The search warrant material for the raids on Cohen’s home, office and hotel room will be redacted to conceal email addresses, phone numbers and Cohen’s safety deposit number, according to the order.

Judge Pauley said some parts of the search warrant documents can remain secret because making them public could compromise ongoing investigations.

The order was in response to requests from several news media organizations.



Judge Pauley sentenced Cohen to three years in prison for crimes including lying to Congress and paying hush money to two women who claimed to have sex affairs with Mr. Trump.

Cohen is scheduled to report to prison in May.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide