By Associated Press - Saturday, November 2, 2019

ROYALTON, Vt. (AP) - Fire has destroyed a popular restaurant and maple sugar house in the Vermont town of Royalton.

Eaton’s Sugar House burned on Thursday night in what Vermont State Police say was a suspicious fire. Police say someone had ignited the front steps of the building with gasoline earlier in the evening. A passer-by had put out the flames before firefighters arrived. Then firefighters were called to a second fire later that night in the back of the building.

Vermont State Police say the building is a total loss.



The maple sugar house opened in 1963 and a restaurant was added later.

A $5,000 reward was being offered for information leading to arrest.

Copyright © 2023 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide