- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 30, 2019

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) - Officials in Mineral County say a 71-year-old man died in a mobile home fire in a trailer park just outside of St. Regis.

Jerry Dockter, chief of the St. Regis Volunteer Fire Department, told the Missoulian a faulty propane water heater is believed to have caused the Monday morning fire.

The sheriff’s office on Wednesday identified the victim as Ronald Dean Sammons.

Dockter says a neighbor who was a caretaker for Sammons saw smoke coming from his trailer at about 8 a.m. but was unable to go inside to rescue him due to the fire and smoke.

The mobile home was gutted. Sammons was its only occupant.



___

Information from: Missoulian, http://www.missoulian.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide