- The Washington Times - Friday, July 31, 2020

President Trump said Friday he does not believe the late Herman Cain caught the coronavirus at his late-June rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

“No, I don’t think he did,” Mr. Trump told White House reporters as he departed for Florida.

Mr. Cain, who ran for president in 2012, died after a battle with the disease.
Commentators were quick to point out that Mr. Cain attended Mr. Trump’s Oklahoma rally and was pictured without a mask.

It’s unclear where Mr. Cain, who was 74, contracted the disease, though the June 20 rally was panned by some as an ill-advised gathering in the middle of a pandemic.

Mr. Cain, a cancer survivor and the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, received his positive test on June 29 and was hospitalized in early July. He had been receiving oxygen treatment.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide