CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - The Republican nominee in a heavily contested U.S. House race said she has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Nancy Mace sent an email to supporters saying she learned some members of her campaign were potentially exposed to the virus last week and she took a rapid test Tuesday that came back positive.
Mace said she is going into quarantine with her children for two weeks or until she tests negative for COVID-19.
Mace said she tried to find every person she has been in contact with the past week and is asking volunteers and staff to get tested and start working remotely.
Mace’s opponent in November, U.S. Rep. Joe Cunningham, also tested positive for COVID-19 in late March. The Democrat reached out to Mace on Twitter, saying he was thinking about Mace, her family and her campaign.
“This virus is rough but my family and team are here if you need anything at all,” Cunningham said.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.